Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"Monster's University"

The prequel to the legendary "Monsters Inc" was up to par with its original movie, and in fact, I thought was better! The animation was fantastic and the concept was brilliant. The only flaw I could find in this film was that I wished they would've made it more comedic. I don't consider that a huge issue though as I was having a bad day and this turned it all around. The best female actress was Helen Mirren easily, as though she was really the only lead female character. The nominees for the best male actor are Billy Crystal for Mike, John Goodman for Sullivan, Joel Murray for Don, Sean Hayes for Terri, and Charlie Day for Art. The winner is Billy Crystal for being so awkward and yet making the movie so entertaining to watch. Hellen and Billy join Skylar Astin and Rebel Wilson (Pitch Perfect) and Amanda Seyfried and Shiloh Fernadez (Red Riding Hood). Pixar yet again creates a memorable and touching story! My rating is a 96% (A).

No comments:

Post a Comment